BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
In the "Bring Your Own Device" program, students will be allowed to bring their own devices to school. The purpose of the program is to have groups of students across several schools explore and work through issues with our current infrastructure and WiFi networks for student access.
Some of the specifics of the program are as follows:
- Students without devices will not be penalized and you should not feel obligated to purchase a device for your child.
- Students may work collaboratively but the owner of the device will handle the device.
- Only the school internet should be accessed while on campus and cell network adapters are not permitted to be used to access outside internet sources at any time.
- The Houston County School System, staff and employees are not liable for any device stolen or damaged.
- Students and parents participating in the BYOD program must adhere to the Student Code of Conduct, the Internet Acceptable Use Policy IFBG, and the Internet Safety Policy IFBGE.